COMMON (Confusing) ABBREVIATIONS:
Sunday Coupon Inserts:
SS= SmartSource Sunday Insert
RP= RedPlum Sunday Insert
P&G= Procter & Gamble Sunday Insert
GM= General Mills Sunday Insert (Only comes every once in a while)
- $1.00/1: One dollar off one item,
- $1.00/2: One dollar off of two items
- B1G1 Free: Buy one item, get one free
- B2G1 Free: Buy two items, get one free
- B1G1 50% Off: Buy one item, get one 50% off
- Blinkie: Small boxes that dispense coupons with red blinking lights
- Beep: On occasion the register will beep when a coupon is scanned by a cashier. This means that the cashier needs to take an action, like entering in a price or to check to make sure the coupon matches the item you purchased.
- Bricks: Bricks coupons are internet printable coupons, if you hit your back button in your browser after printing, you usually will be allowed to print two coupons.
- Catalina: A small machine next to the cash register that will print a coupon at checkout.
- DND: Do not double
- E-coupon: Coupon that can be loaded onto your preferred shopper card that will electronically be taken off at check out if you purchase that item.
- ETS: Excludes trial size
- Exp: Expires
- Expired: The deal that was being offered is no longer available
- GC: Gift card
- MFG: Manufacturer coupon
- MIR: Mail in Rebate
- NLA: No longer available
- OYNO: On Your Next Order
- OOP: Out of Pocket
- Peelie: Peel off coupon found on product
- R: Regional coupon
- RR: Register Reward, Walgreens Catalina coupon
- Q: Coupon
- SCR: Single Check Rebate, Rite Aid monthly rebate program
- Stacking: Using both a manufacturer coupon with an in-store coupon on one item.
- Tearpad: A pad of coupons that can be found next to some products.
- UPC: Universal product code, or bar code
- +Up Rewards: Rite Aid Reward program that prints on the bottom of your receipt when you purchase qualifying items.
- VV: Video Value coupon you get for watching ad-perk videos at Riteaid.com. These video value coupons can be stacked with manufacturer coupons.
- WYB: When you buy
- YMMV: Your mileage may vary, meaning it may depend on your stores specific coupon policy.
Here are a few more that I was just asked what they are..
- ISO: In Search Of
- UFT: Up For Trade