What are Extra Care Bucks (ECB)?
Extra Care Bucks, what are they? I like to think of them as free money or CVS money. Extra Care Bucks print out on your receipt after the transaction is complete.
Here are a few facts about Extra Care Bucks:
- ECB’s can be used for almost anything in CVS with a few exclusions: Alcohol, tobacco, lottery and some gift cards.
- ECB’s are a form of payment not a coupon. This means you can use them with a manufacturers coupon and store coupon.
- ECB’s expire normally two weeks from the date they print out.
- The Magic Coupon Machine will print out ECB’s sometimes, usually every three months when you have spent a specific amount towards select products.
- You can use multiple ECB’s in a transaction or shopping trip.
How do I roll them?
I will explain this by breaking down one of my previous transactions.
Now this was done in just 1 trans action and had a higher than normal oop because I did not want to “burn” ECB (use more than I was earning)
(6) Finish Dishwasher Gel Packs $3.50 each
(3) Milkey Ways $0.75 each (sale crossed over from previous week)
(1) Venus Razor $8.99
(1) CVS Body Wash $2.37
(1) 4/20 CVS coupon
(6) $0.75 off Finish
(1) Buy 2 get 1 free on Mars Candy
(1) $2.00 off any Venus Razor
(1) $3.00 off CVS Body wash (CVS normaly will not produce overage however this one did and the cashier was like well whatever)
As you can see I used ECB that I had previously earned, I also earned more ECB that I now have to use next week! That is “rolling” your rewards!