So I got way behind on this again… but here we go!
Day 24 clean your linen closet.… So I did a little research and found some ideas!
I hate how messy sheets can look in the linen closet…. so check this out!
To get the full instructions on how you can fold your sheets just like that check out this link!
Next I have to say that I am no Martha Stewart but at times her how to videos are great, with that said here is one on folding a fitted sheet and organizing the linen closet.
We have done this before and here are Money Saving Mom’s ideas
- Set the timer for 15 minutes and pick up and put away everything that’s out of place. Bonus project: Find 7 things to get rid of.
- Next, wash the dishes in the kitchen (if there are any), wipe down the countertops and surfaces in the kitchen.
- Finally, vacuum the living room.
Day 26 Deep Clean the kitchen.
- I would make sure you mop, wipe counters and you could even do things like wipe down the cupboards and clean the microwave…
Day 27 Surface clean the bathrooms.
I personally do my weekly cleaning of the bathrooms on Monday nights after David’s bath. But as an added bit to this task I
- Cleared the counters of clutter.
- Tossed out old items that needed to go (I had combs that I have had since Jr. High)
- Straightened up items that were in the drawers (hair ties help to loosely hold cords neatly to avoid damaging with tightly wrapping)
- Cleaned out and straightened up under the sink
Money Saving Mom’s Ideas on the bathroom are:
- Set the timer for 20 minutes and put toilet cleaner in each of the toilet bowls and let it soak.
- Remove any items that don’t belong in the bathroom, put away items that need to be put away in the bathroom, empty the trash.
- Spray and wipe down the sink and tub.
- Finish swishing and cleaning the toilet.
- Shake the rugs outside (or throw them in the laundry) and mop or vacuum the floors.
- Wipe down the outside of the cupboards and clean the mirror.
- You’re done!
Day 28 Surface clean the bedrooms.
- Set the timer for 20 minutes (this can be done for each room), start by picking up any dirty clothes and putting them in the hamper.
- return all items that don’t belong in the room to their rightful places.
- Make the bed, change the sheets if needed.
- Dust surfaces.
- Lastly run the vacuum or sweep the floors!
- If you have time remaining you can spot clean the walls and doors!
Money Saving Mom’s ideas for this last week were
- Set the timer for 20 minutes and pick up and put away all items that are out of place. (Bonus: find 7 items to get rid of.)
- Pull out any items under the bed that don’t below under the bed and make the bed (wash sheets/bedding, if needed).
- Vacuum/sweep the room. (Bonus: use an attachment on the vacuum to vacuum around the baseboards and vacuum under the bed.)
- Clean fingerprints on the windows.
- Bonus: Spot-clean the carpets and walls.
- You’re done!