A guest post that I did a while back!
Hi, I am Nicole from David’s Mommy. I am guest posting today … I am a stay at home mom Monday through Friday to a very active little boy (David), and come the weekend, I am a Nursing Assistant at a local Physical Rehab Hospital. I Started David’s Mommy in July 2011 to share about our family happenings after we moved to North Texas in January 2011. David’s Mommy has grown to cover my coupon adventures and mommy adventures as well as my many DIY projects.
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cereal Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- One 10 ounce package of marshmallows
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine the butter, marshmallows, and peanut butter. Microwave the mixture on high for 2 minutes, remove and stir, then repeat this. If at this point all ingredients are well combined and melted (mine were) move to step 2, otherwise continue to repeat this, but only for one minute at a time.
- Add rice cereal, using a wooden spoon (It gets kinda tough to stir), stir until well mixed.
- Using a spatula, press into a coated 9×13 baking dish. I like to spray a sandwich bag that is placed over my hand and press them in that way; however, I don’t know if it is the peanut butter or what, but this one tends to be a little hotter than the original recipe.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over medium heat (chocolate can be temperamental–DO NOT use high heat).
- You can either drizzle the chocolate over with a whisk (I couldn’t do it right) or spread it on with a spatula.
- Allow all of this to cool and set for 2 hours, then cut into squares and enjoy!