This is a favorite of mine simple and quick! You can make a few substitutions with the canned tomatoes being diced ones for chili and the broth can be made with bullion. I hope y’all enjoy it as much as we do!
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 4 tsp olive oil or garlic oil
- 1 – 15oz can(s) stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1-4oz can(s) green chilies, diced
- 1-14oz can(s) chicken broth
- 1-14oz can(s) beef broth
- 2-3 c cooked chicken, diced
- 1 Tbsp cumin tsp garlic salt, to taste pepper, to taste
- 16 oz sour cream 1 cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 1 can(s) evaporated milk
- 3 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- Tortilla chips, crushed
- Saute the garlic and onion in the oil in a stock pot until the onions are translucent – about 3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, chilies, broths, cooked chicken, cumin, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Next, add the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk and cheddar cheese. Stir and heat slowly until cheese is melted. Keep the heat low – do not bring to a boil.
- Serve over tortilla chips. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream or grated cheese.