Ok so this is one I have grown up on super easy and so yummy pairs great with ham or even add in diced ham!
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion ( you can saute` these if you like), 2 cups Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- top with remaining cheese
- Bake covered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
I have also seen toppings such as cornflakes and potato chips used…